Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Why This Exists?

       I have been busy... College can be busy, especially being an honor student. Especially since I have wanted to do better in school this year, and especially because I am not a freshman anymore. So I haven't had time for this, I still have 3 parts of my NBA season preview. I started part two, but I stopped midway through because I now have finance homework and a quiz tomorrow. So I feel bad because I am not a posting like how I use to, and really I haven't gone out like I was earlier in the year. I had a conversation with my parents about this blog now two weekends ago. One question was more prominent than any other in the talk.

Why did you start this?

Well, quite frankly it is my dream to be able to cover sports for a living. It is my dream to follow guys like LeBron, Durant, or Peyton Manning, and to be able to walk into a sports game just to say in my head "oh this is my job, to watch a game that I love." If I could have watched Michael Jordan for a living, I would have never felt like I had to work ever. I don't mind what I do now (I am an Accounting and Finance Major at the University of Toledo). It's just, if I can be successful in this field I would feel so lucky every day of my life. That is where this blog came in. I can live my normal life of being a business student, yet have a platform for my sports writing venture. So, as long as my class schedule isn't tough on me, you will more than likely find me here writing about sports. This is the only dream I will probably ever chase, so if you are rooting for me wish me luck

No comments:

Post a Comment